February 2020 Current Affairs
This section contains February 2020 current affairs, and recent government schemes.
- Addu Tourism Zone:- Addu is one of the most beautiful sites of Maldives, India is expanding its tourism and infrastructure development limits through off-shore development works.
Australian Open 2020:-Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open title for record 8th time which is the most number of times by any player in the world. Sofia Kenin won the major for the first time.
- Budget 2020 is focussed on 3 major themes – Aspirational India; Economic Development for all & A Caring Society.
- 5 archaeological sites to be developed as top-notch sites; these sites are
- Rakhigarhi, Haryana
- Hastinapur, Uttar Pradesh
- Sivasagar, Assam
- Dholavira, Gujarat
- Adichanallur, Tamil Nadu
- The government will build a Tribal Museum in Ranchi.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has started the second edition of the Young Scientist Program for school students, Three students from each state / UT will be selected to participate in this program, including CBSE, ICSE and state syllabus.
- Odisha government has recently launched a virtual police station to provide more ease to its citizens.
- World Wetland Day was observed across the globe on February 02, 2020. This year’s theme for World Wetland Day was – ‘Wetlands and Biodiversity’.
- United Kingdom ended its 47 years long membership of the European Union by officially leaving the group on January 31, 2020.
- World Cancer Day 2020:- February 04, World Cancer Day 2020 is being celebrated with a theme – ‘I am and I will’. first time celebrated on February 04, 2000.